Domaine de Nalys
NALYS is one of the oldest domaines of Chateauneuf-du-Pape and was already mentioned in the local land survey at the beginning of the 17th century.
The spirit of Domaine de Nalys was created and nurtured by its illustrious owner Doctor Philippe Dufays, between 1955 and 1976 and is still thriving to this day.
“Nalys” where the cellars are located (locally known as Grand Pierre on the agricultural maps), is situated right on the edge of some limestone called Comtat red sandstone and on the edge of safres, a soq sandstone. The Comtat red sandstone has provided sandy clay soils that cover a slightly fissured limestoneplaque. This combinaWon is found in a prominent posiWon behind the cellars. The transiWon to safre soils is found in the courtyard. The safre presents alternaWng deep sandy sub soils and clayey sandy veins. This sector ripens late. It is here that we have our oldest vineyard blocks that produce extremely refinedwines that are smooth with silky tannins and appealing freshness.